How to Contact Us
OVERSEAS CITIZENS SERVICES: Call 1-888-407-4747 (from overseas: 202 501-4444) for answers related to questions concerning the:
- Death of an American citizen abroad
- Arrest/detention of an American citizen abroad
- Robbery of an American citizen abroad
- American citizens missing abroad
- Crisis abroad involving American citizens
- After-hours number for an emergency involving an American citizen abroad
OFFICE OF CHILDREN'S ISSUES:
Call 1-888-407-4747 (from overseas: 202 501-4444) for answers related to questions concerning:
- International parental child abduction
- International adoption
- Recorded information on custody and adoptions
- Denial of passports to minors in certain circumstances such as abductions
For information related to inquiries about visa cases and the application process, call 202-663-1225. For information about immigrant visa cut-off dates, call 202-663-1541. For inquiries about J waiver status, fax 202-663-3899 or use the J Waiver Status Check website. For immigrant visa inquiries, call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700 or email [email protected]. The Visa Office's e-mail box for quick, general information is: mailto:[email protected] To reach the Kentucky Consular Center, call 606-526-7500.
For information about the passport application process, the status of a passport application, or an emergency passport, visit The National Passport Information Center (NPIC) phone number: 1-877-487-2778.